Tuesday 6 August 2013

Art Tuesday: Andy Warhol

Hello there! You may remember that about a million years ago (at least, that's what it feels like) I went to Hong Kong - for a photo-filled post about my trip click here. I said in that post:

In Kowloon, we went to an Andy Warhol exhibition! I don't have any pictures for you in this post, but keep an eye out...~wink~

...who knew that it would take me over four months to write about Andy Warhol? I was meaning to, I just...didn't. You know how it is.

The exhibition we went to was in Kowloon - at the Hong Kong Museum of Art - and we saw some amazing work. Here are a few of my favourites...


[source]
Pretty cool, no?


[source]
Marilyn Monroe is of course his most famous print, but I love this one of Elizabeth Taylor. It was really interesting reading about how he does these prints.
[source]
This print had been run so that it covered an entire wall. It looked AWESOME. I would love to have a roll of that wallpaper!

[source]
I absolutely loved his 'Endangered Animals' prints, especially this one.

[source]
And this one...

[source]
...and this one. Look at the awesome colours!
[source]
This one is also beautiful. I love the definition of the lines, and the detail.
[source]
We saw all of these, hung up next to each other in a row.
All in all, it was a fantastic exhibition and amped up my Andy Warhol love no end! Love you,

2 comments:

  1. Those are some mighty interesting pictures. I really like the butterfly one. ;)

    Hey, if you want to do it, I tagged you!

    http://amandadelallo.blogspot.com/2013/08/so-it-begings.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, same ... thanks for the tag! I would like to do it (but I probably won't get round to it for a millennium or so let's be honest).

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! :)