Are you a writer, blogger or generally interested party?
Starting Sparks is a link-up co-hosted by Ashley from [insert title here] and myself. Here's how it works:
1. On the first of each month (or sometimes the second if I'm not doing well at the scheduling lark) we post a prompt.
2. You read said prompt and it starts a spark for an idea.
3. You write something -- a short story, scene, snippet, poem, idea, whatever the heck you want -- inspired by said prompt.
4. You post it, along with the button, and add yourself to the link-up.
5. You bounce round other people's posts.
6. A marvellous time is had by all.
I find Starting Sparks really helpful for channelling my creativity in new ways. Sometimes I get stuck in one particular genre/voice/mood, so it's good to force myself to think outside the box. And I can testify that I've currently got three novel ideas (and counting) bouncing around my brain, based on Starting Sparks stories.
“Help! I'm not a writer!"
It doesn't matter!
You don't need to be a “novelist" to take part. Anyone at all can join in -- we're just interested in sparking some ideas.
Above all, we hope you have a great time!
Starting Sparks Archive