Wednesday 16 July 2014

Sunshine: in awards if not in weather.

Hellooo, followers mine. It may be pouring with rain outside (and when I say "it may be", I mean it is), but there is sunshine on my blog today! I've not had an award in a long time, but today I'd like to thank Amy from The Blog Hermit for nominating me for The Sunshine Award!


[source]
OK, let's get down to business to defeat the Huns! 

Like most awards, there are some questions to ask and answer, and some people to nominate.

Amy's Questions

1. Which is the best season? ~cough~ fall ~cough~
AMY YOU'RE NOT AMERICAN IT'S CALLED AUTUMN-- I mean, *ahem* the best season you ask? I don't know, I love all the seasons when they're happening .... or, more accurately, when they're not happening.

Me in spring: ugh why can't it just be summer already?!
Me in summer: ugh the pollen I have so much hayfever I wish it was winter!!
Me in autumn: ugh the days are getting short again I wish it was spring!!
Me in winter: ugh it's freezing and dark I wish it was summer!!

Haha not really, I do love all the seasons .... maybe summer is my favourite. Maybe. I don't know.

2. What's your opinion on the band Kodaline?
I've never listened to them ... one of my friends is obsessed with them though!

Her:
[original source] - edited by me

Me:


[source]
3. Chocolate cake or vanilla sponge?
BOTH. If I'm out, I would always order plain sponge because chocolate cake in cafes is so often a disappointment ... ~shakes head sadly~

4. Acoustic guitar or electric?
Acoustic all the way home.


Can we just take a moment ...

5. Have you seen The Fault In Our Stars or read the book? What's your opinion on them?
I have not seen it (though I would like to) but I have read the book. I really really enjoyed it; I thought it was beautifully written and pretty adorable. I mean, there was a tiny part of my brain saying "does this deserve all the hype?" but actually I think it's a great book. It has some gorgeous line. Read my review here

6. If you could change to be any nationality, eg Japanese, what would you be?
Irish.

7. Ever heard of Swedish hiphop? (hint, it's zazzy)
I have never heard of Swedish hiphop ... isn't Avichi Swedish though? Not hiphop. But still.

8. Matching or odd socks?
MATCHING MATCHING MATCHING. I have a fear of odd socks. WHY WOULD YOU TEAR A SOCK FROM ITS BROTHER??


[source]

9. Out of the following, which is the superior hair colour - blonde, brunette, black or ginger?
BRUNETTE! YEAH FOR BRUNETTES! No not really, I think my (brunette) hair is pretty boring. Ginger is the superior colour.


Oookay, now for the NOMINEES!

Amy @ The Blog Hermit (right back at you)
Ashley @ [insert title here]
Marian @ Ivory Clouds
July @ I Solemnly Swear I Am Up to No Good
Seana @ The Totally Insane Writer
Lydia @ Planet Lydia
Aylee @ Recovering Potter Addict
Ivy Miranda @ Revealed in Time

Some of the old crowd and some new people (new to me, that is) .... check them out!

And the questions:

1. Favourite book series?
2. If you could say one thing to a large group of people, what would it be?
3. What topic do your thoughts keep on coming back all the time?
4. Share with us 2 great songs you've recently discovered and love.
5. What is one food that you've never actually eaten more than a tiny bit of yet are convinced you hate? Or are you not that irrational?
6. If you could have dinner with three authors (living or dead), all at the same time, who would you pick?
7. What's the last a) book, b) song, c) TV show and d) film that have made you cry?
8. One book you loved until it had a terrible ending.
9. What gives you comfort?

Thanks again for the award, Amy! And I hope that where you all are, it's sunnier than here in Glasgow .....

Emily x

12 comments:

  1. *saves all the gifs* *creeps away*
    P.S EW CHOCOLATE I HATE CHOCOLATE AND ughhh. we are in the same boat, I haven't watched TFIOS yet either. *drowns in tears* I want to watch Divergent more though even though I preferred reading TFIOS to Divergent..that always happens for some reason. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what. what. what. you are a crazy human being. I do not understand. Chocolate. CHOCOLATE!!!!

      I've not seen Divergent either, I didn't much like the look of Tris in the adverts though ... I'm told it's not that good :/

      Delete
  2. Hi : ) Thanks for the follow and the nomination and sorry it's taken so long to get back to you! Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BOOMERANG THE AWARD BACK TO ME 0: But thank you (:

    And oh god I laughed so hard at your answer to question one (I was American for a few seconds until you, y'know, shattered my dreams ~le cry~) and the gif for question eight. Alas, I am wearing odd socks right now... sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EHEHEHE YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE ~evil cries of mania~

      Hahaha well I was just letting you know ENOUGH OF THAT NONSENCE, UPHOLD THE QUEEN etc etc. Ugh Amy do you see that woman? Do you??? That is me because of your socks!!!

      Delete
  4. :D *smiles at Mulan reference*
    Thank you so very much Emily! Yay! First award on my new blog ^_^

    And - eh- why on earth would you want to be Irish? Out of all of the beautiful nationalities you pick IRISH?! O mo Dhia....

    Odd socks are the best. They are the outsiders, the lone-rangers, the different of sock-nation and I share a very close bond to them.... :P

    Once again: THANK YOU! ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Mulan :')
      You're welcome!!!

      OF COURSE I WOULD PICK IRISH!!!! What would you pick??

      NO. No. NO. They are the orphans, the wretched, the ones with no home and no sense of belonging. They are the Harry Potters who only want to go to Hogwarts, find friends and save the world, and YOU are Vernon Dursley locking them in the cupboard under the stairs and forcing them to *actually go* to St Brutus Centre for Criminally Minded Boys!!

      YOU'RE WELCOME (despite your odd sock crimes) ^_^ x

      Delete
    2. eh- I'd pick either British or Italian. I am already Irish...

      VERNON DURSLEY?! ME? I am the most UN-Dursleyish person in this world. I am more like Hermione; knitting (odd) socks and scarfs for Dobby - WHO happens to LOVE odd socks!!!
      Odd sock do not fit in and are therefore far more interesting to me than having an exact copy *she says as she grins at her very odd socks*

      ^_^

      Delete
    3. What kind of British? :)

      Hmmmm .... well .... OK I guess Dobby likes odd socks ... BUT I MAKE NO CONCESSIONS.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for nominating me! Your answer to question #1 made me LOL because yeah, that sums up pretty much exactly how I feel! Ditto about non-matching socks O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! YES A SISTER IN MY SOCK WARS, YOU ALONE UNDERSTAND!!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! :)